Here's What You Need:
- 2 cans chick peas, drained (reserve the liquid)
- 4 cloves garlic (I'm lazy & used 4 tsp jarred, minced garlic)
- 1/3 c roasted tahini
- 3 T olive oil
- juice from one lemon (once again, lazy...I used 3 T bottled)
- 1 t salt
Here's What You Do:
- Pulse beans & garlic in food processor or blender to break them up a bit.
- Add all other ingredients & process until smooth, adding bean liquid to get to desired consistency (I probably used about 1/3 c).
- Chill for 1 day (not strictly necessary, but I'm guessing it will be even BETTER tomorrow).
- Sprinkle with paprika & serve with desired veggies, pitas or crackers.
Here's What I Have Learned that May or May Not be Useful:
- Makes about 4 c of hummus (or 16 1/4 c servings).
- Will reportedly last 2 weeks in the fridge. It absolutely won't make it that long in my house.
- Nothing else to note because it is THAT easy.
Back to A Weight-y Life