Here's What You Need:
- a few ripe bananas
- nothing else
Here's What You Do:
- Peel & cut bananas into 2-ish inch chunks.
- Freeze solid.
- Put frozen chunks in food processor & blend.
- Scrape down bowl.
- Repeat steps 3-4 until you have goop that is the consistancy of soft serve.
Here's What I Have Learned That May or May Not Be Useful:
- You can make as little or as much as your food processor can handle, so the servings are up to you.
- The end product is pretty rich, so Lincoln didn't eat much, but he LOVED it (the chocolate chips that I sprinkled on top probably didn't hurt).
- This is so easy that it makes a good "fun with cooking" activity with little ones.
- When I Googled this idea, I found that leftovers put back in the freezer will come out more like traditional ice cream, while your first go-around is more like soft serve.
- This lends itself to being used as a sundae base, as a pie filling...the possibilities are endless.