Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Chimichuri Sauce

I'll confess, I had no idea what Chimichuri was until a beautiful Curtis Stone got on a commercial for a local grocery store chain & told me that I could make it.  Who am I to say that he is wrong?  Around the same time, WW posted this recipe (they said to put it on chicken, we put it on steaks & grilled bell peppers because that's what Curtis told me to do).  When I saw that it would use some of the fresh parsley & cilantro growing in my deck boxes, I was sold.  I have no idea how authentically South American this particular recipe is, but it was authentically tasty. 

Here's What You Need:
  • 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
  • 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
  • 1 clove garlic (I cheated & used 1 tsp jarred
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp salt (I omitted)
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground

Here's What You Do:
  1. Put all ingredients into food processor or blender & pulse until smooth.
  2. That's it.

Here's What I Have Learned That May Be Useful:
  • Makes about 4 servings.  We put it on top of the steak & the peppers.
  • This would be REALLY good on seafood, but also would be quite tasty on chicken or other grilled veggies.
  • I *think* that it will freeze well.  I'm going to experiment with making up a bunch since I have a lot of fresh herbs right now & see if I can freeze it for use in the winter when my herbs are dead & gone.  It's worth a shot.  This is definitely going to become a go-to sauce in my house. 
Back to A Weight-Life

No comments:

Post a Comment