Here's What You Need:
- 4 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 lg onion, chopped
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lb uncooked 93% ground beef
- 16 oz canned tomato sauce
- 15 oz canned corn, drained
- 4 oz canned green chili peppers
- 15 oz canned kidney beans, drained & rinsed
Here's What You Do:
- Toast chili powder & cumin in large skillet over medium heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add onion, garlic & ground beef to skillet & cook through until no longer pink.
- Add tomato sauce, corn, chili peppers & beans; cook 5 minutes more or until heated through (can add some chopped chipotle peppers in w/the sauce if you want a hotter meat).
Here's What I Have Learned That May or May Not be Useful:
- Makes about 10 half cup servings.
- I use 1 T fat-free Greek yogurt as a substitute for sour cream, 1/4 c 2% milk shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes & green onions & 15 baked tortilla chips to make this a gooey & yummy pile of nachos for lunch.
- I freeze leftovers in ziplock bags for mess-free dinners when I'm too busy/lazy to cook.