Here's what you need:
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb uncooked 93% lean ground beef (optional)
15 oz fat-free, reduced sodium chicken broth (vegetable broth works fine, too)
15 oz canned yellow corn
- 15 oz canned black beans
15 oz fat-free canned refried beans
30 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning mix (or 1 packet if you don't buy in bulk!)
4 oz canned diced green chiles
Here's what you do:
- Saute onion & ground beef in a large soup pot until tender.
- Add all other ingredients & stir. Do not drain any of the ingredients.
- Simmer for 30-40 mins. Makes about 13, 1 cup servings
Here's what I have learned that may or may not be useful to you:
- You can let it simmer much longer if you want (just cover it) & it would probably do great in the crock pot, but I haven't tried it.
- Delish with 1/4 c 2% milk shredded cheese + 15 baked Tostidos